My thanks to the StarTribune for publishing my article “To keep employees, try valuing them.”
In it, I share approaches we’ve taken as a team to create an environment focused on our employees.
We’re in a strong hiring mode. If you’re considering a move, please let me know.
From pre-K to college, professional teachers understand the critical importance of a successful school year launch. “Onboarding Isn’t Enough,” from a recent Harvard Business Review states new employees need to be fully integrated into the culture of the company. In the study of senior executives:
“Organizational culture and politics, not lack of competence or managerial skill, were the primary reasons for failure.” For new executives to succeed the research stated requires:
- Assuming operational leadership
- Taking charge of the team
- Aligning with stakeholder
- Engaging with the culture
- Defining strategic intent
In my book, The 100: Building Blocks for Business Leadership, I explain in chapter 30 how we set the tone quickly, upon acceptance of our offer, we:
- Send a letter of congratulations
- Courier a floral arrangement delivery to their home
- Send an email explaining what to expect the first week
In short, take time and care to communicate with new employees.
Fun, laughter, empowerment and gratitude: four powerful lessons from my mom that I’ll never forget.
Read the full story in my latest Business Journal article Business and life lessons, as taught by mom.
Why Work for Intertech?
We also exceed expectations by offering some exceptional benefits, such as:
- Three-month paid sabbatical for every seven years of service. If you don’t want to take the time, you can opt to receive cash instead…or tailor a combination of time off/cash that works best for you and your family.
- Flexible work culture that allows the majority of our employees to work from home one or more days each week. In fact, nearly half of our revenue last year was generated by employees working remotely.
- SIGNING BONUS: Intertech will purchase equipment for your home office-related expenses (up to $1,500).
- Exceptional teammates who have your back and learn from each other. That’s the result of selective hiring standards in which only one of every 20 hiring candidates are asked to join our team.
- Being part of a rare organization that is a two-time #1 Mid-Sized Employer in Minnesota award winner (Minnesota Business magazine, 2012 & 2014) and one of the Top 10 IT mid-sized consulting firms in North America (Consulting magazine, 9/13).
Know someone who maybe interested in joining our team, connect with them and fill out: https://www.intertech.com/Jobs/Candidate-Referral-Program
“Next, we congratulate 13–time winner Intertech, which shares the title of most Best Places to Work awards with (one other firm)” said the emcee at last week’s Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal Best Places to Work Awards.
My thanks to our tremendous employees and loyal customers for making us possible.