Intertech has been named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Minnesota Business magazine for 2018. My thanks to all of our loyal customers and dedicated employees for making us possible.
If you’re curious on how we create an environment of engagement, you can view the slide deck from a talk I deliver on engagement.
I’m happy to announce that Intertech is hosting and sponsoring an upcoming WomenHack event. Below is the media release:
Intertech to host & sponsor WomenHack event to facilitate networking & hiring of women IT professionals by Twin Cities’ companies
WHAT: Top area employers will join IT consulting and training company Intertech at its Eagan headquarters for a high-powered evening of rapid interviews (five-minutes each) with leading women technology professionals in the Twin Cities. The event also includes a discussion about the importance of diversity, equality and inclusivity in the workplace. Participation by women IT professionals – primarily developers, designers and project managers – is by invitation only to ensure candidates have a solid work history and proven expertise. Area companies register and pay a fee WomenHack to participate.
WHY: Studies estimate that women make up only a quarter of employees and eleven percent of executives in the IT industry. What’s more, almost half of the women who go into technology eventually leave the field, more than double the percentage of men who depart. The turnover of women and minorities, according to a 2017 study on “tech leavers,” costs Silicon Valley more than $16 billion each year. WomenHack assists organizations working toward equalizing their IT employee base while building diverse, inclusive teams.
WHEN: Thursday, November 30, 2017 – 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
WHERE: Intertech, 1575 Thomas Center Drive, Eagan, MN 55122
WHO: Intertech, WomenHack sponsor and host, is a leading Twin Cities-based software development consulting firm with a national presence. The company’s unique blend of consulting and training has empowered technology teams in medium-sized businesses and government agencies.
WomenHack is a community that empowers women in tech through events, jobs and reviews, with the goal of building more inclusive, equal and diverse workplaces. More at www.womenhack.com
My thanks to flexjobs for including Intertech in a list of 20 employers who support a flexible work environment and work life balance. Along with Intertech, other prestigious firms included on the list were Microsoft, Intel, and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
My thanks to the StarTribune for publishing my article “To keep employees, try valuing them.”
In it, I share approaches we’ve taken as a team to create an environment focused on our employees.
We’re in a strong hiring mode. If you’re considering a move, please let me know.
Why Work for Intertech?
We also exceed expectations by offering some exceptional benefits, such as:
- Three-month paid sabbatical for every seven years of service. If you don’t want to take the time, you can opt to receive cash instead…or tailor a combination of time off/cash that works best for you and your family.
- Flexible work culture that allows the majority of our employees to work from home one or more days each week. In fact, nearly half of our revenue last year was generated by employees working remotely.
- SIGNING BONUS: Intertech will purchase equipment for your home office-related expenses (up to $1,500).
- Exceptional teammates who have your back and learn from each other. That’s the result of selective hiring standards in which only one of every 20 hiring candidates are asked to join our team.
- Being part of a rare organization that is a two-time #1 Mid-Sized Employer in Minnesota award winner (Minnesota Business magazine, 2012 & 2014) and one of the Top 10 IT mid-sized consulting firms in North America (Consulting magazine, 9/13).
Know someone who maybe interested in joining our team, connect with them and fill out: https://www.intertech.com/Jobs/Candidate-Referral-Program