Life and Work Balance Is Doable (Post 2 of 3)
In the first post in this series, I outlined thoughts on the HBS article from Paul Friedman of Wharton.
At the core, his article is about an approach to work, life balance.
He shares the first step is being real. The next step is being whole. Ways to be whole include:
- Being clear on expectations
- Helping others
- Creating supportive networks
- Using all of your resources
- Artfully managing boundaries
Here are a few of my own notes on the above:
- On being clear on expectations, I’ve found Dale Carnegie’s Key Result Areas are a solid tool for setting and managing expectations.
- On helping others and or creating supportive networks, check out the book Give and Take.
- For artfully managing boundaries, keep in mind that people treat us the way we allow them to treat us.
The final post on Friedman’s thoughts will include ideas around being innovative